It's all about You,
Jesus
And all this is for You
For Your glory and your fame
It's not about me
As if You should do things my way
You alone are God
And I surrender to Your ways
As the lyrics above suggest, this life is not about us. We are not the center of the universe. Jesus is! Unfortunately, I have not been living this out. I had become very prideful and self-centered. Everything had to be all about me. This had become evident in my relationships with my family and friends. I was my own worst enemy.
This is not what Jesus calls us to. Instead, as Matthew 16:24 states, "Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me." We have to abandon all of our wants, hopes, and dreams in order to follow Jesus. He is Lord of all creation! He deserves all of our being. Our job is to serve Him and to trust Him. He will supply all our needs as Matthew 6:25-34 reads. From now on, I choose to get off of the throne of my life and let Jesus reign in my life. We must also choose to be humble. God despises pride. He will lavish grace on the humble. So, today just as I have done, chose to surrender all you have to his ways.
And all this is for You
For Your glory and your fame
It's not about me
As if You should do things my way
You alone are God
And I surrender to Your ways
As the lyrics above suggest, this life is not about us. We are not the center of the universe. Jesus is! Unfortunately, I have not been living this out. I had become very prideful and self-centered. Everything had to be all about me. This had become evident in my relationships with my family and friends. I was my own worst enemy.
This is not what Jesus calls us to. Instead, as Matthew 16:24 states, "Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me." We have to abandon all of our wants, hopes, and dreams in order to follow Jesus. He is Lord of all creation! He deserves all of our being. Our job is to serve Him and to trust Him. He will supply all our needs as Matthew 6:25-34 reads. From now on, I choose to get off of the throne of my life and let Jesus reign in my life. We must also choose to be humble. God despises pride. He will lavish grace on the humble. So, today just as I have done, chose to surrender all you have to his ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment